Highlighted

after effects

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i have this problem where when i delay one layer so it can get this trace effect but when it crosses the top layer the trace just stops for some reason. this is the first time this happened to me.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

after effects

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i have this problem where when i delay one layer so it can get this trace effect but when it crosses the top layer the trace just stops for some reason. this is the first time this happened to me.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing mysterious here. You simply mucked up that track matte thing. You cannot set all layers to use your top layers as a matte and hope it would magically work. This becomes unpredictable and uncontrollable as you just found out. Duplicate layers and assign individual mattes always immediately above the layer that needs to be masked. Other than that, if you are really looking for a top-down cookie cutter, Stencil Alpha blending mode on the topmost layer might be an option, but it will affect each and every layer below, including possibly a background you insert, so you are still facing some restructuring, duplication and pre-composing. In any case, it definitely wouldn't hurt if you read the online help. These are clearly the typical beginner errors of trying to do everything in one sweep with as few as possible layers, no offense.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0