Highlighted

After updating, my playback is always slow, and never gets better.

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to have things playback just fine, and now it is all slow on playback. Still new to After Effects, and now I feel like I can barely use it.

Topics

Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After updating, my playback is always slow, and never gets better.

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to have things playback just fine, and now it is all slow on playback. Still new to After Effects, and now I feel like I can barely use it.

Topics

Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue.

Is it happening with all the files? Does it work fine on a new project? Also, have you tried resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is a compositing app and not designed for real-time playback. You haven't provided any information that can help us tell you if your behavior is normal.

Things that can affect performance:

Computer hardware

What type of drive you're caching to

Comp resolution

Comp frame rate

Composition Panel resolution (are you playing back at Full/Half/Third/Quarter res?)

Playback frame rate (are you skipping 0 frames, 1 frame, 2 frames)

The actual content of your comp. What's in it? Particle effects will be slower to play back than a shape with a Fast Box Blur.

People on the forums are happy to answer questions, but we need a lot more detail. It sounds like you need to learn more about how After Effects works in order to understand how to use it efficiently: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/get-started.html

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues achieving realtime previews for the last two versions/updates. I'm not such a newbie  :-).

These issues are on decently heavy projects with lots of Expressions. Something's gone awry for quite awhile, with cached previews. BUTT agreed, OP should provide more info on AE version etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines