Highlighted

Aftereffect freezes during start

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everone,

I have a problem. When I installed "After Effects" and started it, this window appeared:

Felix5C39_0-1605558764840.png

After that nothing happens anymore, it just freezes. "Indesign", "Illustrator", "Photoshop" they all work, except "After Effects".
I reinstalled it, deleted a certain dll and read through the "common issues" without finding similar cases or anything that helped. Can anyone help me with this?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Aftereffect freezes during start

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everone,

I have a problem. When I installed "After Effects" and started it, this window appeared:

Felix5C39_0-1605558764840.png

After that nothing happens anymore, it just freezes. "Indesign", "Illustrator", "Photoshop" they all work, except "After Effects".
I reinstalled it, deleted a certain dll and read through the "common issues" without finding similar cases or anything that helped. Can anyone help me with this?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and otehr technical details we can't even guess. Start by checking your event viewer/ system logs for critical events.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felix5C39,

Sorry for your issue.

As mentioned by Mylenium, please share more details on your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and the exact version of After Effects you're using. In the meantime, please try resetting the preferences of After Effects. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the problem is found and fixed.
Today there was an "After Effects" update, which gave me an error report.
I'm using "Windows 10 Pro" and had the beta version

Felix5C39_0-1605646325689.png

activated in the regional settings. Apparently "After Effects" did not get along with this.
After I turned this function off and restarted the PC, there were no more errors and "After Effects" worked normally again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0