• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aftereffect is note working Standard 3D module missing.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects can't continue: Untitled-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed anything about your system lately? Installed new hardware or updated A/V drivers? 

Try resetting your AE preferences to see if that makes a difference:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while the application is starting.
- A dialog box launches asking you if you want to delete your preferences file. Click OK.

Uninstall/reinstall is a bummer, but that might be worth a shot as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting AE preferences worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Dude, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hijack but I have exactly the same issue after installing a free plugin from video copilot website! That free plugin has cost me dearly! All other CC apps work fine. I have completely uninstalled Adobe CC, used their cleanup app and reinstalled it all and it still gives same error! Please can someone help us BOTH! I have even emailed video copilot and have asked them.. I’m awaiting a reply. I will post here if they reply and it helps! By the way the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT tip brought up no such box on my PC during application start but thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing an uninstall/reinstall, by default you'll be keeping your preferences and third-party installs. There is a checkbox sometime during the uninstall process that asks if you want to keep those - I'd try removing them to make sure you get all of this cleaned out.

I'd think the cleanup app would blow out all of that - which VC plugin are you using? I know Element has files it installs in a different directory than the rest of the Adobe files, so that would be worth investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! Tried that Checkbox to clean out all preferences but error remains. I think the plugin was VC Orb - Ultra 3D Earth. I installed a few but that is the last one I remember before it corrupted it. I have 2 user accounts on my PC and my girlfriends account runs After effects fine so i'm thinking it somehow corrupted my Windows 10 User profile. No reply from Video Copilot, funnily enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted it! Uninstalled After Effects then took the "Bull in a china shop" approach and went into the registry and deleted every key that referenced After Effects, then deleted all folders referencing After Effects from my PC, then reinstalled it via Creative Cloud and it now works! Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool is obviously cr*p! Thanks for all and any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that deleting the registry key group for AfterEffects cc 2019 (after uninstalling), then reinstalling aftereffects fixed the issue for me - it isn't for the fainthearted but if you are careful to not delete any other keys this should be fairly low risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines