Highlighted

aftereffects installation

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lenovo t430 thinkpad laptop with an i5 core and when i try to install aftereffects cc it comes up video driver error and I the performance is comprimised. I tried updating driver but it didnt work. What do i need to have in a laptop for AE to work, and what do i need to look out for when buying a new laptop so it is compatible?

Thank you

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

aftereffects installation

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lenovo t430 thinkpad laptop with an i5 core and when i try to install aftereffects cc it comes up video driver error and I the performance is comprimised. I tried updating driver but it didnt work. What do i need to have in a laptop for AE to work, and what do i need to look out for when buying a new laptop so it is compatible?

Thank you

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's apparently an old, old notebook that simply won't meet the minimum requirements for current versions, which are listed in the online help. Everything else is not really relevant. Pretty much any contemporary mid-range notebook should be able to run AE just fine and we can only advise once you have pre-selected your favorite choices or else we'll spend all day just discussing hypotheticals. There's just too many vendors and models out there.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SuriStar, you can find the system requirements for After Effects CC at https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html.  Please note the following under the GPU section, "Adobe strongly recommends updating to NVIDIA driver 430.86 or later when using After Effects. Drivers prior to this have a known issue which can lead to a crash."

I would recommend verifying that you are using a compatible driver before you go to the expense of purchasing a new computer.  You can contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance with the process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0