Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI file importing to AE. Problem with gradients

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I have some problem in exporting process AI file to AE.

In Illustrator file I have a lot of layers with gradients.
When I importing this file into Affter Effect, the composition are completely broken. I mean, this all gradients from AI layers are white (without transparency). So It looks like a one big mess and I can't animate it in AE.
You will see it on the attached pictures.

Any ideas? 😞

I attached two screens.
File from Illustrator and the results in AE after importing this file as a composition.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your cropped screenshots don't help much. We can't see any info, just a bunch of layers.

Try to solo one of the layers, then press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties. Show us want that layer looks like.

Select the same layer in Illustrator and show us all of the properties associated with that layer. You might have clipping masks and a bunch of other things fouling up the layers. 

One more thing, make sure the AI file is set to RGB color space. 

And in the future, please embed your screenshots using the Toolbar so we don't have to download them, wait for them to be scanned for viruses, and mess around to see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines