Highlighted

AI to AE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'd think this problem would be easier to resolve, and I have my first animation gig while stuck on a beginner's problem. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

So my AE projects look great with blurry images.

I've read over 10 sites about continous rasterize vectors and collapse transformations.

No luck.

My AE projects still look really bad due to how my crisp Illustrator images just won't rasterize in AE.

I've troubleshot, some people saying don't add masks or effects, which didn't change my blurry pictures. I tried importing them in various ways as footage or comps. I messed with my disk cache and memory preferences.

No luck.

Does anyone have more suggestions of what's going wrong?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

AI to AE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'd think this problem would be easier to resolve, and I have my first animation gig while stuck on a beginner's problem. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

So my AE projects look great with blurry images.

I've read over 10 sites about continous rasterize vectors and collapse transformations.

No luck.

My AE projects still look really bad due to how my crisp Illustrator images just won't rasterize in AE.

I've troubleshot, some people saying don't add masks or effects, which didn't change my blurry pictures. I tried importing them in various ways as footage or comps. I messed with my disk cache and memory preferences.

No luck.

Does anyone have more suggestions of what's going wrong?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Jun 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are misinterpreting what you are looking at. You are not looking at vectors when you Magnify the Comp Panel, you are looking at pixels. What would a Photoshop image look like if you magnified the pixels 1600%?

You are confusing the Magnification Ratio with the layer Scale. Video is pixels and sometimes you need a close look at the pixels, just like you do in Photoshop so you Magnify the view. Turn on Pixel Preview in Illustrator and you will see the same thing.

Screenshot_2020-06-11 14.28.38_zuuh6U.png

Your preview problem could be caused by accidentally setting the work area to 1 frame or by your cache being filled up. There is no need to try and sharpen your video, just view it at a maximum Magnification Ratio of 100% on a standard display or 200% on a high-density display like a Retina Mac.

Spend a little time with the User Guide and you'll learn about the UI and working with vectors. 

Translate

Translate

Jun 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the community guidelines of be kind and respectful?

I see no kindness and no respect.

Translate

Translate

Jun 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't justify myself to you.

I would love to find somewhere where you're imperfect and point and laugh.

But I won't do that.

Instead, I'll feel the humilitation of your judgmental, belittling, discounting way of communication.

Many people likely can't see what a horrible human being you are just by reading the way you type.

I feel extreme pity and disgust men like you are preying on others and calling it help.

Translate

Translate

Jun 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone so easily offended when I pointed out a typical newbie problem and thoroughly explained the Comp Panel UI should step back a bit. What will happen if the client doesn't like your animation?

I'm not apologizing. This is a typical problem and the question is asked several times a month. If you want help, ask, I will try and help. Don't expect everyone to be so generous with their time.

Translate

Translate

Jun 12, 2020 0