• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of my work disappeared

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am aware that after effects had recently recieved a new update, when I opened the software on my computer, I noticed the new update, but all of my work/compositions were missing. I created a new composition and saved it, then opened the software again, and the one i had recently saved was the only thing to pop up on my home screen. I would like to know why all of my work was not saved, and is there anything i can do to get it back, it was at least five months of work, thank you!!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the whole computer for the file ending *.aep - report back if you don't find your work.

You should memorize the path where you put your files to and you should make backups of your work. This is not a joke. All the time you are just one drive crash, virus or stupid keystroke away from loosing everything.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The home screen often gets cleaned out when you update but the files should still be in the folder where you saved them. The only time a saved file may get deleted when you update is if you were saving your files in the same hidden folder where the embedded AEP files that are used in the Learn workspace have been stored. Good file management is essential in any production workflow. Updates will never overwrite or delete files that are stored in normal documents or project folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines