Highlighted

All versions above and including 17.1 lock up audio and video drivers?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As the title states, starting from version 17.1 AE locks up any and all parrallel media playbacks on my Windows machine. Version 17.0.6 works fine.
This means that I can not play any audio or video files in external software when After Effects is running.

They simply freeze.. UNTIL I play the timeline in AE, then the drivers unfreeze and playback of media outside of AE resumes.
Even in browsers this is the case. A youtube video actually pauses and plays in sync with starting/stopping playback in AE.
I have the latest version available for Windows and NVidia and Steinberg (Audio) drivers.
This behaviour is very limiting to my workflow.
The issue occurs when Media Core is loaded when booting up AE.
I have tested it with no plug ins and extensions active. I have reinstalled multiple times ( Also to check from which update this happens). Preferences don't seem to be part of the problem either.

All I can say is: What the hell? 🙂
Windows, Ryzen 1700, 32 Gb Ram, GTX 970, UR 44 audio interface

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All versions above and including 17.1 lock up audio and video drivers?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As the title states, starting from version 17.1 AE locks up any and all parrallel media playbacks on my Windows machine. Version 17.0.6 works fine.
This means that I can not play any audio or video files in external software when After Effects is running.

They simply freeze.. UNTIL I play the timeline in AE, then the drivers unfreeze and playback of media outside of AE resumes.
Even in browsers this is the case. A youtube video actually pauses and plays in sync with starting/stopping playback in AE.
I have the latest version available for Windows and NVidia and Steinberg (Audio) drivers.
This behaviour is very limiting to my workflow.
The issue occurs when Media Core is loaded when booting up AE.
I have tested it with no plug ins and extensions active. I have reinstalled multiple times ( Also to check from which update this happens). Preferences don't seem to be part of the problem either.

All I can say is: What the hell? 🙂
Windows, Ryzen 1700, 32 Gb Ram, GTX 970, UR 44 audio interface

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0

Have something to add?