Highlighted

AMD 5700 xt GPU problems

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After buying a prebuilt PC from MC with 3900x and 5700 xt I I'm having major issues with the gpu with Adobe AE and now I wanna get a 2070... been trying to fix for hours
should i just switch to nvidia?
TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AMD 5700 xt GPU problems

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After buying a prebuilt PC from MC with 3900x and 5700 xt I I'm having major issues with the gpu with Adobe AE and now I wanna get a 2070... been trying to fix for hours
should i just switch to nvidia?
TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching over to NVidia won't do anything. AE barely even uses hardware acceleration and your fancy 2070 would still have nothing to do. You have a misunderstanding here. Whatever issues you have, have nothing to do with the hardware per se and boil down to configuration and driver errors. Chances are AE is simply having issues with your two heterogenous cards and you may need to disable one of them. Without any specific info we can't make it more concrete than that.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that 5700XT has some weird issues. I was getting AE not responding in renders randomly. Whatever was in the viewport goes black/white and i need to kill AE in task manager.  Projects i was able to render last night were just breaking randomly (at random frames so it was not related to any specific layer/effect, i even checked that) day after during the render. 

Sometimes, my display would just act like it was turned off in the middle of render and i had to restart the computer. When it started doing weird stuff in game also (freezing screen but game still going on, not responsive randomly etc) i was sure it has to do something with 5700XT. Also, everyone on my Google video calls had heavily pixelated screens.

Very often on computer boot, my display would go low res (like in safe mode) and i had to turn off the display, turn it on again and it was fine.

I tried different AE versions, changing refresh rate of display from 75Hz to 60Hz, trying different gpu driver versions (20.7.2 and lower), turning off freesync - nothing helped. It was connected with DP cable to my AOC Q3279VWFD8 running 2560x1440 resolution.

This was configuration:

CPU 3700x (stock)

Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT 8Gb (stock)

64Gb DDR4 3000MHz Kingston

Cooler Master 700W PSU

Gigabyte X570 Gaming X

AOC Q3279VWFD8

Adata SU800NS38 512Gb (system disk)

Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE8512GNTD 512Gb (dedicated cache disk)

Patriot Burst 1Tb (projects disk)

Now, i want to clarify that i had NONE of these issues before, on my previous configuration, even with AMD card:

i7-5960x (overclocked)

XFX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled 8Gb

64Gb DDR4 2400MHz Kingston

Corsair RM750x PSU

Asus X99 Deluxe

AOC Q3279VWFD8

Bottom line is, when i replaced 5700XT with nVidia card i had spare (Gigabyte GTX 1070) - all of mentioned issues were gone. Absolutely every one of them. Renders were running fine, games too, video calls were perfect clear (just as they were with Vega 64). So i am positive everything had to do something with 5700XT. I am not saying it is faulty but GPU was the reason of those problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am currently suffering from similar  problems in After Effects, and I'm wondering if this could be caused by my Radeon RX 5700 XT

Whenever I open a  Ae project the Composition panels goes blank, and it does not display anything. Shortly after Ae stops responding and either crashes or I have to forcefully terminate it on Windows task manager...

My PC: Win 10, 32 gb ram, AMD Radeon Rx 5700xt, Ryzen7. System  and softwares in 1tb ssd, working aep project files in another 1tb ssd.

So maybe changing the GPU for another one may solve it? Will try it. But would like to know if anyone else has had the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly happening to me too in AE and nothing i tried (and i tried every possible thing mentioned on internet) didn't solve it. 

It will go blank when you are in AE and alt tab to youtube video etc.

Once again, Vega was fine. Navi is a mess. Avoid 5700xt.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far what seems to work is:

open after effects. create a new composition > add a shape layer or any other layer that will display someting on the composition > composition panel works normally.

THEN

you go to file> open project and open the project you need to work.

I've been doing this in the last 3 days and it seems to be the only way for the comp panel to become active and for me to work in any project that I have created before.

weird.

But once I finissh the freelance project I am doing this week I will try to swap my gpu with the one in my bfs computer and see if it makes any difference.

we need to know if this is a problem with Ae , with the GPU or some kind of configuration in my pc.

😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ZERO issues in my other computer i run with RTX 2070. Navi is the problem and you can bet on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ae2020_comperror.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, right 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0