• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMD Radeon(TM) R7 M440 doesn't work while using adobe programs.

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I use adobe programs, like Illustrator, Dimension, After Effects… my computer (a HP Notebook with a Intel(R) Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz) uses the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 GPU instead of the AMD Radeon(TM) R7 M440 GPU. I have already tried to change options both in the settings of the PC and in the settings of the GPU, but it doesn’t change. The adobe programs keep on using the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 GPU instead of the AMD (Radeon R7 M440) GPU. When I’m using After Effects, my PC gets slow, especially in the previews and the rendering of the preview.

Can somebody help me?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 GPU from the Device Manager of the Windows operating system. Then restart your computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering! I’ll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you go? Did you manage to solve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late answer; I completely lost sight of your answer.

The problem is still not solved, but I’ve read that Adobe is only compatible with NVIDIA graphic cards. If I buy a new laptop, I will take care of this problem and buy one with a NVIDIA GPU.

Thanks again for helping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines