Highlighted

AME Stuck on Connecting to Dynamic Link Server

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into a problem where I'm unable to import a project from After Effects. Importing via Export > Add to Media Encoder Queue in AE does nothing, and dragging the .aep file into the queue in AME causes the program to get stuck on "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server."

The strange thing about it is that it only started doing this yesterday. Two days ago, I was able to successfully export a file to AME and encode it, and just yesterday I attempted to take the same file and encode it again, which is when I ran into the problem. I haven't installed any Adobe updates or even any updates to my computer at all during this time. I have also tried to export other .aep files since then to see if it was just a problem with that one file, but all of them get stuck.

I'm using After Effects CC 2018 version 15.1.1 and Media Encoder CC 2018 version 12.1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Updates to After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder have fixed a similar issue. Would you mind updating to After Effects CC 2019 (16.0.1) and Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 (13.0.2)?

Report back with your findings.

Thanks,

Rameez

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AME Stuck on Connecting to Dynamic Link Server

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into a problem where I'm unable to import a project from After Effects. Importing via Export > Add to Media Encoder Queue in AE does nothing, and dragging the .aep file into the queue in AME causes the program to get stuck on "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server."

The strange thing about it is that it only started doing this yesterday. Two days ago, I was able to successfully export a file to AME and encode it, and just yesterday I attempted to take the same file and encode it again, which is when I ran into the problem. I haven't installed any Adobe updates or even any updates to my computer at all during this time. I have also tried to export other .aep files since then to see if it was just a problem with that one file, but all of them get stuck.

I'm using After Effects CC 2018 version 15.1.1 and Media Encoder CC 2018 version 12.1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Updates to After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder have fixed a similar issue. Would you mind updating to After Effects CC 2019 (16.0.1) and Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 (13.0.2)?

Thanks,

Rameez

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2018 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information nopbody can tel lyou much. Start by clearing out all caches in both programs and check your hardware-acceleration settings.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel Core i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70 GHz Processor

8 GB Ram

I've cleared the cache in both programs which hasn't seemed to help and I don't believe my graphics card supports hardware acceleration (I can't access those settings).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of all the Adobe representatives I've talked to about this (4+), no one was able to help me resolve my problem so I had given up on it and resolved to rendering out my files in AE as MOVs, then exporting them into Premiere and using Premiere to send them to Media Encoder to export into MP4s. Much more time consuming but it worked. Upon trying to export an AE file to Media Encoder today, for some reason it seems to be working again. I have no idea why. I sure hope no one else runs into this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in After Effects, Go to 'File' / 'Dependencies' then choose 'Consolidate All Footage'. Now go to 'File' / 'Export' / choose 'Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue...'

When in Adobe Media Encoder main panel, choose your file (make sure it's formatted as H.264), press 'Queue' play - (top right hand small green triangle button).

Jobs a good'n!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, or at led me to a solution.  The files were in seperate folders, and i Used 'Collect files...' which put everything into the correct structure.  Thanks .  <emoji happy face>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, the dynamic link not connecting. I wanted to try out the method you described here but I get a notification from AE that '0 footage or folder items were consolidated' 😞 No idea why or what this means. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petrish,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the exact version of After Effects and Media Encoder you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Have you tested it with a different project? Also, are you on macOS or Windows?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issues.  I started having problems yesterday with render's getting stuck on "dynamic link server connecting...", but things were still kind of working eventually.  After today's update, after effects is not event sending anything to AME now.  I have uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed with no improvement.  The only way to render is to use the built-in renderer...

AAE 17.1.3

AME 14.3.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ArizonaGull,

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind disabling your firewall and antivirus and see if that brings any change?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic link server is a problem across the whole Adobe ecosystem (especially Lightroom), and has been for almost a decade. I've given up on ever seeing a fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem seemed to be related to my video card somehow.  I swapped out my MSI GTX 1080 for a Nvidia Founder's RTX 2060 Super and it all magically started working again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0