Highlighted

Amplification effect from Pr doesn't exist in Ae

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a long time now, i'm looking the equivalence of the amplification effect (from Pr) in Ae.
I'm using it in Pr following this workflow :
In my timeline I have a video in the video line 1.
I duplicate the video in video line 2 and I moove the blending mode of this video to luminosity.
Then I kee frame the luminosity option of the amplifaction effect to 100at the beginning of the video and to 0 at the end of the video.
This is the kind of video render i'm looking for, for a wilde, in Ae.
If you have any advice I would be very thankful. 
Thank you in advance.

Topics

Dynamic link, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Amplification effect from Pr doesn't exist in Ae

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a long time now, i'm looking the equivalence of the amplification effect (from Pr) in Ae.
I'm using it in Pr following this workflow :
In my timeline I have a video in the video line 1.
I duplicate the video in video line 2 and I moove the blending mode of this video to luminosity.
Then I kee frame the luminosity option of the amplifaction effect to 100at the beginning of the video and to 0 at the end of the video.
This is the kind of video render i'm looking for, for a wilde, in Ae.
If you have any advice I would be very thankful. 
Thank you in advance.

Topics

Dynamic link, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing if we had a perfect match between Premiere Pro Effects and After Effects Effects.

In the English version of Premiere Pro, Amplification is called "ProcAmp".

In After Effects, have you tried combining Brightness & Contrast with Color Balance (HLS)?  This will give you the most of properties that you find under Amplification (Brightness, Contrast, Hue and Saturation).  Of course, the value ranges are different.  

Have you ever tried adding Gaussian Blur to the effect with Amplification?  That can add to the visual impact of the stylized transition that you're creating. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Warren.

Unfortunately for me, as you said, I have to try to combining Brightness & Contrast with Color Balance (HLS) ? 
It's not the same result but look more or less as what I want. But it costs me time. I could try to make it a new user presets of course.
But I used an other method which is making a dynamic link between Pr and Ae and use the ProcAmp Effect in Premiere. It works but only if the ProcAmp Effect is using at the end of my workflow. For now it's good for me, it was what i wanted to do.

Thank you for your advise and thank you very much fot this tips : adding Gaussian Blur. Simple but effective.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines