Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor point doesn't stay in the middle

Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've a problem with my AE. I want to center my anchor point in text, that works but when i'm going to change tracking amount to animate it, my anchor point stays in the middle but my text moves to the left side.. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

You probably want to change Left Align Text to Center Text in the Paragraph panel.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.35.36 PM.png

If you're using a Text Animator, you'll want to expand Text then expand More Options and set the Anchor Point Grouping and Grouping Alignment as needed.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably want to change Left Align Text to Center Text in the Paragraph panel.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.35.36 PM.png

If you're using a Text Animator, you'll want to expand Text then expand More Options and set the Anchor Point Grouping and Grouping Alignment as needed.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Men its Help full 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you  bless you bless you

You just saved me hours of frustration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This. This solved it! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi d-vonky,

Did Warren's suggestion help at all?

Let us know.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you write "tracking", I am assuming you are alluding to the Text Animator Property, tracking. If I am correct then take note that tracking does not change the Anchor Point; even though it may look like it does. The Anchor Point remains independent of the tracking effect.

Take note that when applying the Tracking Text Animator Property, it is highly advisable to also apply the Line Anchor Text Animator Property. The Line Anchor Text Animator Property defines where the tracking effect will be anchored - again, this anchoring occurs independent from the layer's Transform > Anchor Point property.

The relevant and easily recalled values you should take note with Line Anchor is as follows - (1) at 0%, tracking is anchored to the left of the text string; (2) at 50%, the default value, tracking is anchored in the middle of the text string; and (3) at 100%, tracking is anchored at the extreme end of the text string. Values relative to these will of course lead to analogous results.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warren! You helped me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines