Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate easy editable text reveal with same speed

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

i want to make a "bot"-like text reveal and i am currently using the scale animator with this expression in the transform > position value:

pLine=sourceRectAtTime(time).height;
scaler=transform.scale[1]/100;
value-[0,pLine*scaler]

(this was the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCrUU_GyXk )

I want to time the bot to another video element by hand, so it reveals a line at an exact moment. But in this case i only can edit the timing with keyframes. And if i move a keyframe it also has an impact on the average speed between the keyframes. But the text should reveal in the same speed (The animation is based on characters). In conclusion, it should be an animation, which i can time easily without changing speed. The time remapping tool is to complicated for this case. The bot has more than 200 lines.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to use Time Remapping. You just need to make your animation stop moving after each line and then start moving again. It's going to be tedious, I know, but that's probably the best way to do it if you want to use this expression technique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines