Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate the 2d character

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to animate the 2d character such as walking, typing, eating, cycling etc. can you help me how can i do these?

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be much, much more specific. There's a million ways to animate characters and the prerequisites range from what kind of graphics it's based on to specific shot composition. No point in generic and broad "Can I...?" questions. Yes, AE can, but the details will differ from situation to situation. Everything else would be a bottomless barrel of advise that won't help you in any way. And, no offense, since it seems you're not even aware of waht AE is capable of and how it works start by reading the online help and/ or look up a few tutorials on the web to even get an idea what you're facing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The techniques range from 2D MoCap using character animation to live footage used as a reference for traditional animation. You can go from here:

To here:

It depends on what you want to do and how much time you have. The first cell animation project I worked on was in 1972, it was 8 seconds and it took three of us 10 days to complete. The last character animation thing I did was just the Puppet Pin tool applied to some characters drawn in Illustrator and a little bit of Audio To Keyframes to time some of the animation. The whole project was almost 5 minutes long and it took me about 20 hours. 

If you want to learn Character Animator then this is the YouTube Channel you want to visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines