Highlighted

Animated object disappears from rest of my project when I apply a new fill color

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with an animated object in my project that I'm hoping I can get some guidance on.  The basis is I'm working out of a template and there's this animated line that I'm trying to change to black.  I opened the indiviual asset within my project space and applied a fill to the adjustment layer (refer to image) and it shows that the line changes to black but when I go back to my main project timeline it's gone, as in it disappeared.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I'm also a beginner in after effects so I'm unaware of a lot of the functions.  If anyone has advice please let me know, thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animated object disappears from rest of my project when I apply a new fill color

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with an animated object in my project that I'm hoping I can get some guidance on.  The basis is I'm working out of a template and there's this animated line that I'm trying to change to black.  I opened the indiviual asset within my project space and applied a fill to the adjustment layer (refer to image) and it shows that the line changes to black but when I go back to my main project timeline it's gone, as in it disappeared.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I'm also a beginner in after effects so I'm unaware of a lot of the functions.  If anyone has advice please let me know, thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the layer in your main comp set to a blending mode like screen? Some more screenshots would be helpful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 1
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the layers set to Silhouette ... [Alpha or Luma] leads me to similar conclusions. There's probably something happening with effects or blend modes in the parent comp that's based on this layer being white. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your quick responses!  The culprit was the blending mode...and it was set to screen.  I'm glad that it was a simple fix otherwise I would've gone nuts haha. 

Thank you all so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 1
Szalam LATEST
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Don't forget to mark the correct answer to close out the thread and to help others who are searching the forums in the future with the same issue. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0