Highlighted

Animating 4-Colour Gradient

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This might be a bit of a simple query, but I am trying to follow this tutorial on creating an animated gradient 

I am trying to animate the gradient using keyframes but it doesn't seem to be affecting the gradient. Maybe I am missing something, but it's not working for me. Also the gradient is on a shape layer which I have also applied Turbulent Displace to as well.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

How to create an animated gradient inside after effects without any plug-ins. Song by: https://soundcloud.com/acid-paradox
TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animating 4-Colour Gradient

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This might be a bit of a simple query, but I am trying to follow this tutorial on creating an animated gradient 

I am trying to animate the gradient using keyframes but it doesn't seem to be affecting the gradient. Maybe I am missing something, but it's not working for me. Also the gradient is on a shape layer which I have also applied Turbulent Displace to as well.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

How to create an animated gradient inside after effects without any plug-ins. Song by: https://soundcloud.com/acid-paradox
TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not matter what kind of a layer you use for the 4 color gradient. If you set keyframes for anything and there is any difference in the values they should animate. Some blend modes do not appear to make any significant difference in the look of the layers. 

To diagnose your problem start by soloing the layer, pressing the U key twice to reveal all modified properties, and look for changes in properties and in the image. If you see changes start turning on other layers until you can't see the animation anymore. If you can't diagnose the problem yourself embed some screenshots that show us everything you have done to the layers (uu + uncropped screenshot) and maybe we can help figure it out. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0