• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating Mask Path

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have a path morph from one shape to another with points going to the closest point?

I have two V shapes, i want the blue V path to contrain to the Red V shape. I have set the first key frame on the Path of the V and then pasted the path from the second V as the second keyframe hoping that each point would contrain to the closet one, instead all points go to what seems to be a random order. 

I have set the first vertex for each V path hoping it would fix it but with no luck. 
is this just the way after effects figues out a shape morph? Is there no better way other than changing each point on the path by hand? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by cleaning up your artwork. Just by looking at your rough video it seems there are several kinks from duplicate anchor points. Naturally, this will make for lousy morph shapes. Other than that show us an actual screenshot with the mask paths selected for further diagnosis.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines