Highlighted

Animating moving objects?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm trying to make an object stay still from moving? For example I created a new adjustment layer  and added the Tritone effect to change the color of an  object of the video for example: a guys sunglasses but then the color moves when the camera or the subject does, or attaching a video to a moving car so the video moves with the car? Thanks 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animating moving objects?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm trying to make an object stay still from moving? For example I created a new adjustment layer  and added the Tritone effect to change the color of an  object of the video for example: a guys sunglasses but then the color moves when the camera or the subject does, or attaching a video to a moving car so the video moves with the car? Thanks 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Study up on the vartious methods of tracking - classic 2D, mask tracking, fact tracker, 3D Camera Tracker. of course in case of adjustments you may still need to hand-animate masks and layer positions at times to limit where the effect is applied.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason you added the effect to an adjustment layer instead of the layer. About half of the projects that I troubleshoot for other people have effects on adjustment layers when they should be on the layer or in a pre-comp. This sounds a lot more like a masking problem than anything else. It would really help us help you if we saw the shot or your comp with the modified properties of the layers you are having problems with revealed. Select them, press 'uu', and send a screenshot.

I did this with a piece of Adobe Stock footage in less than 5 minutes. Mocha to motion track the sunglasses, motion track tied to a roto layer that took 6 keyframes to perfect, changed to a mask for the original footage, Tritone applied with compositing options set to use the  Roto mask for Tri-Tone in the compositing options. 

Screenshot_2020-06-17 09.39.15_RcoCrM.pngScreenshot_2020-06-17 09.41.25_r3EjOt.png

One more pass Mask laid out in Mocha to give a blue tint to the skin from the light passing through the sunglasses and I would have a perfect composite on one layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your feedback!! here is a screenshot where i added the tritone effect to the ajustment layer because i only

want the matrix pill to be colored blue not the rest of the video but then as the scene goes on the blue color does not stay in placeScreen Shot 2020-06-17 at 9.52.54 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe to not make it too complicated to you, you could use the HSL Secondary selection and a Mask Tracking but in Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have applied the Black and white filter to Layer 14 to turn the MOV layer black and white. That tells me that the adjustment layer must contain both a mask and the tritone effect. I am just guessing because you did not select layers 13 and 14, then press the U key twice. I think that is a good guess because of your description. 

I see three different options. I can only tell what option is the most efficient if I see the actual shot because the most efficient workflow depends on how the pill is moving in the shot.

If there is just a little movement then the best technique might be to Motion Track the pill using Mocha - like I did with the sunglasses. Then you could create a mask for the pill on Layer 14, apply both the Black and White filter to the shot and use the compositing options for Tritone to color the pill blue.

If there is more motion in the shot you might want to just Motion Stabilize Layer 14 - the footage of the hand so that the pill doesn't move. Above the motion stabilized footage you would add a colored solid, temporarily set the blend mode to something like yellow so you could easily see through the layer and add a mask that you could animate to this solid layer. Because the shot is motion stabilized, it would make the mask much easier to animate. When the mask is precisely lined up with the pill you can change the blend mode back to Normal, add the Tri-Tone effect to the solid, and make the solid an adjustment layer. Now the pill doesn't move and the pill is the only blue thing in the frame. The last step in the process would be to add a null to the comp just above the newly created adjustment layer, and if you only Motion Stabilized the Position of layer 14, reveal the Position property of the Null and the Anchor Point property of Layer 14. Connecting the anchor point of layer 14 to the Position property of the null, then parenting the adjustment layer and Layer 14 will put the movement back in the shot and keep the adjustment layer lined up properly with the pill so the mask works. 

Another option would be to use AE's Motion Tracker to track the Position Rotation and Scale of the pill. When the track is good you apply the Motion Tracking data to an adjustment layer so it follows the pill. Then all you have to do is draw a mask on the adjustment layer, add Tri-Tone, and, if needed, add some keyframes to the mask to keep it's position accurate. 

If there is very little movement in the hand, the easiest solution might be to just animate a mask around the pill on Layer 14 and just use the compositing options so that for Tri-Tone so that the color is only applied inside the mask. 

If the pill moves around on the screen at all you are going to have to animate some kind of a mask and use that to isolate the pill.

I found a shot on Adobe Stock that has very little movement in the hand. There is some and the hand closes around the pills so the mask needs some keyframes but this is everything I did on one layer using Black and White then Curves then Tri-Tone and finally Glow. Tri-Tone uses a mask called Pill, Glow uses a mask called glow. From this point, it would take about 15 minutes to animate the masks and mask opacity to complete the effect. I think that just animating a couple of masks and putting all of the effects on one layer would be the fastest and easiest workflow for this shot.

Screenshot_2020-06-18 00.19.28_4H0Tz0.png

You can see everything that I did to the layer except for the black and white filter I added first. It didn't show up when I pressed uu because I didn't change any of the settings. As I said, animating the mask is the only thing that is left. If I had used an adjustment layer the mask would still have to be animated. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will apply it to the visuals 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0