Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating to sound - simple motion?

Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

every tut out there is about scaling the object in a "bouncy" manner, but how could I accomplish a vertical/diagonal bounce without scaling? I'm really bad with programming!

I have 3 objects, the one in the middle should just bounce down and back up (like a piston would) to the beat, the left one diagonally down towards the mittle (lower end of the middle one) and the right one inwards, diagonally, like the left one.

Basically this: \ | /

I've got all my audio tracks converted to keyframes and I'd like to animate these 3 objects accordingly, when I put the expression to "Position" (pickwhip the slider), the middle obect (the only one I tried) is just wiggling around a bit somewhere on the left of the stage.

What I tried to use, but obviously failed:

temp = thisComp.layer("Snare").effect("both channels")("slider");
[temp, temp] + [100, 100] 

I'd be really grateful for some pointers...

TOPICS
Audio , Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to refer to Dan Ebberts' classical guides:

http://www.motionscript.com/design-guide/toc.html

At the very least you'll have to multipoly your output values to get some distinct motion and other operations like implementing a trigger/ threshold or even implementing a cumulative loop (http://www.motionscript.com/articles/speed-control.html). may be necessary.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines