Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation doesn't work in .mogrt

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm making a lower third graphic that I exported as a .mogrt (from Ae v17). It has a solid rectangle that I applied a Multiply blend mode, and a Fast Box Blur (so it would have a feathered outer edge) and it animates out horizontally to the right, text pops up, then the text goes away and the rectangle collapses back to the left to disappear. I set up the text and the rectangle to be editable in the Essential Graphics panel. Everything works great when I test it in AE, however when I import it into in Premiere Pro CC 20 via Essential Graphics, the rectangle is fully visible the entire time and doesn't animate.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that rectangle is created and animated how exactly? You left out the most critical info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a solid layer then drew a rectangle mask on it. I applied the blur to the rectangle mask, then animated its X scale between 2 keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've set the rectangle to be editable in Premiere, then you would have to do the animation in Premiere. (Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're doing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exactly have the same problem. The animation I set with the rectangle (coming in from left to center) in After Effects does not show up in Premiere (Essential Graphics). The rectangle simply shows up without any animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to provide any assistance without more details.

1) have you used any Expressions?

2) how are you animating your properties? Transform>Position or Effect>Distort>Transform>Position OR something else?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No expressions.

I created a solid layer then drew a rectangle mask on it. I applied the blur to the rectangle mask, then animated its X scale between 2 keyframes using transform position.

I have since figured out a work-around (not sure it's the best solution):

To have keyframing in a MOGRT, then you need to apply the keyframes to individual PreComps. And, if you want to be able to resize the bar’s length in Premiere, then use the Transform>Scale (or any other Transform setting like position) from the Shape Layer’s Contents Transform Rectangle setting and not the Comps Transform settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

If I just put the source text into the mogrt everything works beautifully, but if I put position, scale or any other movement related items intot he mogrt I lose the initial animations that I entered on the masks.

Struggling to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to use a null layer to control text position, scale, opacity etc., but no luck. Could be a bug in AE or Premiere.

Looks like I'll have to open the AE project in my Premiere comp and then change details and parameters in AE each time I want to use the template.

Mogrts are nice, but sometimes you want to tear your hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to misunderstand how keyframed properties work with MoGRTs in AE and PPro. Keyframed properties have keyframes at specific points in time while a MoGRT which exists in the Essential Graphics Panel (EGP), has properties, these properties do not show where keyframes exist. Hence, as part of the product design, keyframed properties without Expressions become largely unusable when placed in the EGP.  

The only way to work around this  issue is to learn/apply Expressions to these keyframed properties such that you can still affect the initial values related (value, time, speed etc) to the property. HTH 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visiting this thread as I'm having the same issue.

Just a comment: if it is true that regularly animated layers in After Effects do not transfer to Premiere properly when exported as Motion Graphics, its an utter failure by part of Adobe. Yet another mind-boggling design and programming flaw making our lives difficult. And the worst part is, we need to confusingly scramble for a solution and find out through a forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My post was not written clearly - apologies. 

Keyframed properties work as expected if you do not have/want to make further adjustments in PPro. If you want to made adjustments to a keyframed property in PPro, you have to use Expressions, in AE of couse, to link one or more keyframes to an Expression Slider.  

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines