• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation Speed

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure this is an easy fix but I am just learning the program. I was doing a tutorial online and each time I go to animate the text or graphic my speed is crazy fast! I am posting a video of it below. I am sure it's a simple setting or step I missed. Help! 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comp is only ten frames long, so of course everything will be super fast. You messed up the comp duration. Check the composition settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium said, your composition is far too short. Go to Composition > Composition Settings and increase the Duration of your composition. Then move your later keyframes to a more appropriate time. Preview and continue to adjust as needed. 

Now that you're done with that, let's step back and learn some of the basics, so you can avoid similar troubles in the future. Go to Workspace > Learn, and follow the basic tutorials in there to familiarize yourself with the program before diving into more online tutorials. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are just learning AE be very careful about which tutorial you use. Most of the new tutorials on YouTube are presented by enthusiasts that don't really understand AE and their workflows are often terribly inefficient and their explanations inaccurate. If you are new rely on the User Guide to get you started. There are a whole series of pretty good tutorials on the Adobe site that will quickly give you a decent understanding of the UI and some standard workflows. 

Here's a link: Learn AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines