• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to pass-through adjustment layer effects from AE to PR?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using After Effects to build some new MOGRTS for use in Premiere and have been doing some testing. I'm trying to see if I'm missing something regarding passing-through Adjustment Layer effects from After Effects to Premiere, and if it's possible or not.

The example is this: One of my MOGRTS is a full-screen title slate, which I want to have any video that lies underneath (in Premiere) be blurred. So at the bottom layer of my AE comp, I've added an Adjustment Layer with a gaussian blur applied. Obviously this works great when a placeholder video is placed underneath this in AE.

However when I import the comp into Premiere (via Dynamic Link) the adjustment layer with gaussian blur is ignored. The video on the track underneath the dynamic link comp is not being blurred.

So I guess I'll first ask: is this even possible in AE with a MOGRT? (Granted I wasn't using a MOGRT in my test, but I'm assuming a dynamic link comp would work the same, no?) am I perhaps doing this incorrectly or missing a setting? Or, am I limited to needing to replicate the blur effect in Premiere on the underlying track?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

To make a layer in Premiere Pro affect the layers below you have to turn it into an Adjustment Layer. That would remove any graphics you have added to the layer. It just won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make a layer in Premiere Pro affect the layers below you have to turn it into an Adjustment Layer. That would remove any graphics you have added to the layer. It just won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood. Guess I won't be able to bake it into the MOGRT. Fair enough, would be great if down the road AE Adjustment Layers could pass that state on through Premiere via Dynamic Link, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines