• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ARB param gives artisan error

Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I made a custom gradient UI param based on the sample Custom_ECW_UI, no issues except I need it to be an arb param to properly interpolate between keyframes. So I changed it to an arb param as per the ColorGrid sample. The UI behaves correctly, however once the effect is applied the project can never be saved (i launch the save command but the project remains untitled.aep) and I recieve this error on closing AE (same on windows + mac):

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 3.42.56 pm.png

Anyone encountered such an error before? I must be doing something very wrong. 

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

given this error truely is caused by your plug-in, i'd say it some memory corruption. this error makes no sense in the context of what you're doing, so memory corruption would make a sensible explanation.

do a thorough check of your arb param implementation. it's probably either a wrongly sized handle that causes you to overwrite memory beyond that handle's scope, or simply witing data onto a badly cast pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions Shachar. I think I'll just work with the ColorGrid sample from scratch and hope that the error doesn't appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines