• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempt to get a value from a time stream with no key values ( 29 :: 36 )

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having a funky issue where I opened up a rather old project and after After Effects opens the project to update it and make it current I can't save it nor can I see many of the compositions at all when I scrub on the timeline.

When I try to save the file as a new file name I get the following message - Attempt to get a value from a time stream with no key values ( 29 :: 36 )

Any suggestions? I'm trying to get this file to work to update an older project.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Hi Scawelti,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like exact versions of AE - the one you are using now and the one the project was created with just as well as specific info about comp settings, effects and features used and so on. Just saying that it doesn't work is of no use to anyone.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Mylenium for good questions. Here's some more info -

The project was originally created in version 13.5.1 (mac 64) and now is being opened and converted to work with the latest version of After Effects.

There are a few dozen comps in the file. Sadly some of the footage associate with the file was lost due to a hard drive failure a few years ago. I have replaced the files sans a few and that issue seems to be working its way out. The downside is that because AE won't let me successfully save the file after converting it (when it does save it's a blank file with no comps) due to the error. This means when I open the file and replace and repair the missing content that work is for not and isn't able to be saved.

Also strangely enough the comps don't seem to update or show anything in the comp preview panel. Meaning, when I change aspects of the comps I don't see any changes in the window displayed.

It also lists three plugins as missing - DE ElectricArcs, DE Glower and DE Sparks which are all  DigieEffects plugins. However, I have the plugins still in my system the issue is that at some point DigieEffects updated the plugins to be named without the DE. It also seems that they removed the Glower plugin.

Maybe the issue is I need to track down the plugins that are missing and try them out? I have already contacted DigieEffects tech support and have heard nothing.

Here is the troubled file in question in case anyone is curious - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/433483/AFD%20GO%20-%20ClassRoom.aep

It's a very odd situation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The non-updating comps is a known issue with some legacy projects. I'm not a Mac person, but it seems related to changes in the render pipeline and are very specific to some versions of OSX. You might try to install an older version of AE CC 2017 to bypass the problem. If the old effects are the issue, simply remove them. Open the project with capslock to prevent screen refresh, then copy and paste the keyframes to the new effects or some dummy expression controls and delete the original effect. This might allow to actually see something.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately opening the older project and removing the plugins and keyframes didn't work. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does importing the old project into a new one help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scawelti,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve it by calling tech support and emailing my file to be repaired or fixed. Seems to be working ok now. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scawelti, How Exactly would you go about diong this? I'm running into the same issue, and my deadline for this project is almost up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem. How do I fix it? Methods on the forums don't seem to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

The way I resolved this issue, was by deleting layer by layer until I found the problematic one, and re-did it.

The issue occured on my 3rd party plugin from Red Giant Universe on a text layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help because when i open ae and open the video file it automatticaly crashes and i cant even open it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

我最近遇到同样问题,而且无法另存文件,简单操作后软件就会崩溃。排查后是Form插件的问题,我把Form插件删除后,工程可以另存了。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines