Highlighted

Audio pitching/slowing down in After Effects 2019

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. First of all, I'm new in After Effects. So, I don't know anything. When I add Audio Spectrum effect to my composition, the audio starts to slowing down and pitching. I just researched it but I can't find anything new. (all the videos/articles that I found in internet was from 2013) Can you guys help me about solving this problem?

Topics

Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio pitching/slowing down in After Effects 2019

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. First of all, I'm new in After Effects. So, I don't know anything. When I add Audio Spectrum effect to my composition, the audio starts to slowing down and pitching. I just researched it but I can't find anything new. (all the videos/articles that I found in internet was from 2013) Can you guys help me about solving this problem?

Topics

Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to AE, you might just experience that AE cannot render your effect in realtime, therefore cannot playback your composition in realtime, unless it is preview rendered.

Get in touch with After Effects rendering workflow - I think it's covered in the beginners section. You can also search this forum and find one of the countless posts with the same topic.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are tricks that you can turn on in the Preview Panel to increase the length of a successful ram preview. You can also turn cache frames before playback. You can skip frames, lower comp panel resolution to half or quarter. I almost always have my comp resolution set to Auto so that the resolution is set to Half when the comp is at 50% and you can't see the difference in the comp panel because you are only seeing every other pixel at 50% Zoom Factor. This can double the preview time.

You also need to get used to working by just looking at a few seconds of playback and a frame or two at full resolution with full effects and motion blur turned on. I call it the pencil test (to check motion) and Ink And Paint (to check the hero frames carefully before rendering) workflow that animators have been using for more than 100 years. Nobody that wants to make a living doing any kind of animation or visual effects has got the time to wait for full resolution renders of every frame in a project, then review the entire shot four or five times before they make any subtle changes to the scene. I just wrapped up 41 complex VFX shots that were only about 150 frames on average. Every one of the main scene comps contained at least 4 nested comps and most of the nested comps (pre-comps) contained at least two additional nested comps. Every shot contained about 400 keyframes on in 6 to 10 layers in the nested comps. Almost every one of those keyframes had to be adjusted 3 or 4 times. If I had waited for previews to render every time I would still be working on the first comp. 

If you work in HD at 29.97 fps (standard NTSC) and you have a system that barely meets the minimum system requirements, and you have sufficient free memory and disk space, and you are not using things that eat up memory like particle systems, frame blending, motion blur and motion prediction in your comp you might be able to get 10 to 20-seconds of real-time preview at full resolution most of the time. I have a fully loaded iMac Pro with all the memory you can buy and the second-fastest processor and best GPU. I got about 7 seconds of real-time preview in the longest of these 6K shots, and that was more than enough to get the work done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines