• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Preview not working in AE CC 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Audio Preview Here Forward” (decimal on num pad) isn't working for me in AE CC 2020. When initiated, the playhead with move forward in frames, but no sound is heard. I've looked at the Audio Hardware preferences in AE as well as trying to preview audio on two different computers in different projects but to no avail.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solution worked for me also. Have never had the problem before until 2020 update. It's a feature I use often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, im a beginner to ae so can you please tell me where to make the audio work? Because all I see is preview in the photo but dont know how to see where is preview, so please reply telling me where to see preview, sorry if im bothering you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't understand your question, But if you are looking for the settings section to adjust the preview, you need to go to the main menu/edit/preferences and select preview.

If this is not what you are asking for please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping in on this thread to say I am also having this issue. The workaround of un-muting the real-time previews works for me, but obviously this is not an ideal solution. Please fix this bug, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more "vote" to confirm this bug. Happening on my system too. Win 10, AE 2020 (17.0.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I "vote"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually tried to post this, and it looks like it's already posted but you can't vote for it because someone said it was resolved. 

It isn't resolved. I can't play audio with BLANK frames. Once it plays all the way through, it's fine.

The issue is Probably a caching issue that they screwed up. Because if you create a region, turn on looping in playback, then move to just before the end of your render region and play, it plays the few frames, maybe has some audio issues, but then once it gets back to the beginning, it's fine. And if you go to the beginning of the already cached frames and hit play, you'll get framerate issues, like something isn't keeping up. So either the audio goes briefly silent, or it sounds terrible for a second till it catches up. 

So the workaround is to loop, and start at the End? That's so dumb. That's no way to work. I really hope someone figures this out soon. It's been broken for too long. And bug reporting is so useless at Adobe also. They pay more attention to when a bunch of people make a big stink about something on the forum. Bug reporting is just like throwing something over the wall. You have no idea if it is going to do anything.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has already been tried but can you go to Edit > Purge > All Memory and Disk Cache. Then, go to Preferecnes >Disk Cache and make sure its on a folder with admin access. Then, finally close the app, reset the preferences by holding down Comman-Shift-Alt immediately when opening the app.

Does it still happen now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me tell you why you Shouldn't do this. 

First, you're being told to change your disk cash preferences. Then immediately after that, delete your preferences. Now, this actually deleted the preference you just created. I don't know about you, but I can tell Right away that isn't going to do anything. 

Anyway, no, that didn't work. And it wasn't going to work because it really isn't doing anything other than causing an annoyance, because now your preferences are gone. 

To anyone reading this, don't bother with this one. You'll just be annoyed that your preferences are now gone, and the audio issue you are having is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it's like the "decimal key on num pad" is now hardwired to RAM preview. I've been on AE for over 20 years. The "decimal key on num pad' has always been a realtime audio only preview, no matter what the RAM preview settings are.  It's very useful when trying to find a point in the audio you're trying to sync up the graphics to. It always worked in real time from the postion of your time marker - no caching etc. A quick way to find out what audio is coming up without having to do a RAM preview and wait for it to cache and loop back to the beginning.  Tried the fixes above but it still not doing a audio only preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized that you can change the settings for the "." shortcut in the preview panel. Now it's working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines