• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Spectrum Plugin Over-Represents Bass

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the audio spectrum plugin to create a visualizer for a song I made, but the visualizer seems to think there's way more bass then there actually is. I have a single bass line track in the whole song, and it's quite quiet, but the frequency bands that represent the lower frequencies I have are always huge, and the ones that represent the actual singing and instrumental are barely visible. I've tried making the start and end frequencies higher, but then the visualizer bars become tiny, and I'm forced to increase the maximum height a ton, which makes the whole thing look really rough. Is there any way to make the visualizer react more strongly to certain frequencies?

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you eq the audio track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your actual audio waveform we can't really tell you much, but as was already said you may need to do some audio processing. What you see is a typical sign of the file not being normalized correctly and to produce more evenly speread out spectra you may need to run it through a parametric or graphic EQ and even out the distribution of the frequency bands.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have Audition, open up the audio track and EQ it to emphasize what you want to emphasize. It's pretty easy to see what is going on with the tools in Audition. Save the equalized audio as a reference only audio track and use that to drive the animation. If you don't have access to Audition, duplicate the audio track, use AE's EQ tools, Pre-compose, then mute and convert the pre-composed, equalized audio track to drive the animation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines