• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate multiple versions of animation

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AE animation. I would like to swap out one of the images with another image over multiple animations. So say 100 versions of the same animation but with different images. So I was wondering the best way to automate this and to then export out all 100 animations as gifs quickly? I hope that makes sense.  I'm not sure if there's a suitable script or something like aerender.exe

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Expressions , FAQ , How to , Performance , Resources , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

There are many techniques to handle this via scripting and a very good use case for it.  You can certainly write some extendscript that iteratively replaces the source data of a layer, and then output to disk via a render process.  There are commercial solutions that exist for this kind of thing, too.  Choosing which solitiom to go with depends on how fast you want the solution in place, whether or not you want a generalizable solution, and whether or not you want to up your skill set with scripting.

For your request I would suggest looking at a tool like Templater Pro to help you accomplish this if you have experience with AE authoring but don't want to dive too deeply into developing your own script.  http://dataclay.com/templater

If a tool like that is not viable it is entirely possible to code a straight forward solution for the singular project you are wanting to re-version many times.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines