Highlighted

Automatic workspace length by layer length

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. I throw songs on the channel a few dozen at a time. I drop the finished project files into the folders with songs. Then I add them to Adobe Encoder, send them to render. But I have to open each project separately and change the length of the workspace, which takes a lot of time. A question. Is it possible to make the length of the workspace change automatically, depending on the length of the layer (i.e. along the length of the mp3 file)?2020-03-09-22-59-_1.jpg

Topics

Audio, Expressions, FAQ, Performance, Resources, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Automatic workspace length by layer length

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. I throw songs on the channel a few dozen at a time. I drop the finished project files into the folders with songs. Then I add them to Adobe Encoder, send them to render. But I have to open each project separately and change the length of the workspace, which takes a lot of time. A question. Is it possible to make the length of the workspace change automatically, depending on the length of the layer (i.e. along the length of the mp3 file)?2020-03-09-22-59-_1.jpg

Topics

Audio, Expressions, FAQ, Performance, Resources, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the rendering options in Media Encoder to use Length of Comp, custom, or workspace. if all of your comps are trimmed to the right length, just change the option. If you have made a longer than necessary comp so you don't have to change the comp length for each project then you can either pre-compose the everything in the comp trimming the new comp to layer length when you are done and use the new comp for rendering or you are going to have to adjust every comp before you render it. I don't know of any script that will look at every comp in a project and trim it to the length of the layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to do this automatically, but you can use scripts like Trim Comp to Contents

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines