• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avid MC to Adobe AE Pro Import Errors (86::1)

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using:

Avid MC 2018.12.1

After Effects 16.1.3

Premiere Pro 13.1.5

Mac Pro Trash Can

Sierra 10.12.6

I'm trying to export Avid Media Composer sequences to After Effects to composite and bring back to Avid. I'd been doing this for a while on an older system with no troubles. Since the COVID shutdown, our company moved all systems home with us to edit remotely. The past couple months since, I was using my personal late model MacBook Pro with more current versions of Avid and Adobe CC. I found out that Adobe had discontinued the AE Pro Import function (bummer...such a great tool). A couple days ago, the company sent me one of the Mac trash cans to use instead of my personal. Our engineers installed the above-mentioned versions of Avid and Adobe AE and PP. We can't go above those at the moment since we have a large shared network and have to keep certain versions active for all users.

That being said, the version of AE on this can still has the AE Pro Import. Problem is, I'm not able to import the same Avid AAFs like I was. It will only load maybe 1/3 of the exported clips. It's giving me several errors upon import -

"After Effects error: Could not open source file. Please check that file exists with correct permissions ( 86::1 )

and...

"After Effects error: file 'XXX.XXXX.mov' cannot be imported – this 'MooV' file is damagaed or unsupported'

XXX.XXXX.mov being the different filenames. It will do this for 2/3 of the clips I'm trying to import.

So, I did a test of 3 different type of clips in a sequence on 3 different layers and exported them from the Avid...3 that were shot on location with an Alexa Mini camera, 3 that were imported generic ProRes submasters and 3 that were Getty stock images. All of them had been transcoded into the Avid as MXF files to edit with. All the same frame rate and resolution. So really it shouldn't matter. Strange thing is that the 3 submaster footage clips were the only ones of the 9 clips that imported fine into AE using Pro Import. The other 6 were empty placeholders.

I also opened the same AAF file into Premiere Pro and it opens fine. I was able to save the PP project and import that into AE. So the workaround still works apparently, but it's one extra step. And Pro Import is on this version of AE. 

Anyone know what the issue could be? I'd prefer to be able to just send sections of the sequences that I need to comp and animate rather than the whole Avid sequence.

Thanks in advance,

eddie

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?