Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BACKLIT STICK WHEEL

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I have this animation here and I don't know how to explain it but I want this stick wheel to be backlight.

As you can see I've kinda achieved it but I don't like it since the background of the circle is orange and I want it to be red but with the orange rays coming out of every one of the sectors just like the 2nd image (center circle, look close).

For my result, I've created a solid, masked it out as a circle, and applied the CC Radial Fast Blur effect that doesn't work at all for me.

This second image is a frame took out of this video at min 1:33.

Hope I've explained as I try to and to hear your suggestions, thanks in advance!

guino11_0-1614425317666.png

guino11_1-1614425588949.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to see your composition with the modified properties of the layers revealed (press 'uu').

You need multiple copies of the wheel, different blend modes, and effects like Glow, CC Light Burst 2.5, and CC Light Sweep. This took about 5 minutes with one pre-comp for the CC FX. You can't get that kind of look without some blur, glow, and blend modes.

Glow.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! I'll get and do my tests with the info that you provided.

Here you have the modified properties of the layers:

guino11_2-1614457446598.png

guino11_0-1614457407778.pngguino11_1-1614457412755.png

As per order they mean:

1: inner circle.

2-7: lines that form the stick wheel.

8: outer circle.

10: orange solid of my first attempt to recreate the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just renamed some of the Objects in the shape layers. I hope that is not too confusing. The trick is layering, blend modes, and a combination of effects. Here's my project file for you to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines