• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Before and after video comparison queation.

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hi guys, Im trying to do a before and after comparison and im trying to use a mask to remove the mic as it crosses over it to show a content aware thing I did. Kind of like a slider. Im not sure if im setting the track matts right. I've toggled them all different ways and I'm still not getting what I need. (Ive reset the track Matt's back to default) If someone know how to over come this. I would greatly appreciate it.

FB_IMG_1578605148033.jpg

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

It may be that your Shape Layer doesn't have a Fill or Stroke so there's nothing to matte with.

You probably don't need a track matte at all.

#1 Original - Apply Effect Linear Transition Wipe  (You can animate the percentage of transition)

#2 WOM (I'm guessing that's without mic)

There's an angle, but it makes for an easy "Before and After" if you want to show top/bottom, left/right, or diagonal difference.

more on Transition Effects at Adobe's helpx:  https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/transition-effects.html#linear_wipe_effect

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man! Really hard to say since you don't have any keyframes or layer names. But I'll try to walk you through this. 
This is if you are wanting to show before/after/before:
You put down the un-retouched later. Call that BG. 
Now bring in your retouched layer. Call that FG. 
Put FG above BG on the timeline. 
Now create or bring in the layer you want to use as a Track Matte. Call that Layer TM. 
Key frame it moving as you wish. 
Now put TM above FC on the timeline. Set the TrkMat on FG to Alpha. This should hide the TM layer. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/alpha-channels-masks-mattes.html#track_mattes_and_travel...

Done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that your Shape Layer doesn't have a Fill or Stroke so there's nothing to matte with.

You probably don't need a track matte at all.

#1 Original - Apply Effect Linear Transition Wipe  (You can animate the percentage of transition)

#2 WOM (I'm guessing that's without mic)

There's an angle, but it makes for an easy "Before and After" if you want to show top/bottom, left/right, or diagonal difference.

more on Transition Effects at Adobe's helpx:  https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/transition-effects.html#linear_wipe_effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that! It worked just like I wanted it to. I appreciate you reaching out and helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines