• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner using a downloaded template and having issues using it.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I'm happy to begin using this forums and hope to be able to use and learn as much as everyone  is sharing and helping. I have a question. I downloaded this aftereffects template to help me boost my realstate company, and I'm having problems because the tutorial videos and my PC work different and I'm having troblem figuring out if the problem is my processor or the template pack it didn't downloaded properly. So if any one can help me or has time to discuss this more I will really appreciate the help. Thank you guys! 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We need screenshots embedded and we need to know what template you have downloaded. Templates often have lots of nested comps (pre-comps) and many have really lousy instructions.

Here's how you troubleshoot a problem. 

• Select the layer that is giving you problems and solo it
  • If the problem does not go away press 'uu' to show all modified properties on the layer
  • If there are effects, start turning them off one at a time
  • If the layer is a nested comp then open that comp or jump to the Flowchart and start digging for the root layers
  • If there are layers in the flow chart with effects, open those comps and layers up by clicking on the layer in the flowchart
  • Continue until you can turn something off or reset a property and solve your problem

If you can't figure it out, send us screenshots that show the problem layers and their modified properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines