• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big Sur: Unsupported Drawing Error 2019 & 2020 Issues

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, so I installed Big Sur and everything seamed peachy-keen...until I tried to apply ECHO. Ahh, there's the rub. You can see that AE wants to do the effect, you see the layers of the echoed object combine directly atop the source...but there are no trails. Changing any parameter doesnt affect the effect. No trails. I've cleared Prefs, reset everything, running without ANY hardware acceleration.

Help?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Hi Rameez, I'm must be dain brammaged... I always thought to use ECHO all you did was apply it to any layer. But for some reason when applied to a STILL or MOVIE you have to precompose those layers with Collapse Transformations for it to work. So in other words, AE 2020 works in Big Sur, but not AE 2019.

Here's my machine info anyway:

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.37.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Haha 🙂 No worries!

After Effects 2019 wasn't made to run on Big Sur and isn't tested on it either. 

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AniMill,

Sorry to hear about your issue!

Can you share your system details? Are you able to replicate this behaviour with the Echo effect in all the projects?

If it's possible for you to share a screen recording of the issue, that would be great.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez, I'm must be dain brammaged... I always thought to use ECHO all you did was apply it to any layer. But for some reason when applied to a STILL or MOVIE you have to precompose those layers with Collapse Transformations for it to work. So in other words, AE 2020 works in Big Sur, but not AE 2019.

Here's my machine info anyway:

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.37.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha 🙂 No worries!

After Effects 2019 wasn't made to run on Big Sur and isn't tested on it either. 

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines