Highlighted

Black screen after applying Chromatic Displacement!

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone knows how to fix this problem, share the solution!

I did everything according to the instructions, created Solid on which there were displacements, turned it off and put it under the video. I applied Chromatic Displacement on the video, I chose to read offsets with Solid, but after that the black screen just doesn’t help! The video is not visible and the effects too!

Tried through Adjustment Layer, same thing!

I would be grateful to everyone who knows how to fix it! Maybe I'm doing something wrong!

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black screen after applying Chromatic Displacement!

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone knows how to fix this problem, share the solution!

I did everything according to the instructions, created Solid on which there were displacements, turned it off and put it under the video. I applied Chromatic Displacement on the video, I chose to read offsets with Solid, but after that the black screen just doesn’t help! The video is not visible and the effects too!

Tried through Adjustment Layer, same thing!

I would be grateful to everyone who knows how to fix it! Maybe I'm doing something wrong!

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a uniformely colored solid as an input map even supposed to do? You have a completely wrong understanding of how this stuff works, it seems. You might want to actually study the tutorials provided on the RG web site.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you replaced the light blue solid with a shape layer filled with a multi-colored gradient, applied Chromatic Displacement to the Shape layer, and selected the image as the source you would have some color values in the source file you could use to displace the pixels in the Shape Layer gradient. If the shape layer was a solid color there would be no pixels to move around. The other option would be to just apply Chromatic Displacement to the image Use the image as the source, and crank up the Displace amount. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines