Exit

Black Screen on Composition Window

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Could use some help...

I basically use AE on the daily and I recenetly updated to the latest version of after effects and ran into a bit of an issue, the issue being a black screen on my comp window and no matter what I do or what setting I try and mess with it just stays black whether it be an old or new project.

Anybody know the cause of this and is there any fix around this, or maybe I am just missing something so obious?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

AE Composition Black Screen.PNG

TOPICS
FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Press U twice (UU) and show us with a screenshot.

- Make invisible with the Text and Shape layers, put the playhead in the 01:00, selecting that .mp4 layer press U twice and show us again with another screenshot please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richleigh96,

Sorry for your issue.

Along with what byroncortez mentioned, would you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines