Highlighted

Black screen problem in AE !

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this black screen when I try to import photos or videos and I tried to solve it but unfortunately, I didn't...

I'm just a beginner and it's my third day in AE I hope that I can find help here

A screenshot :

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black screen problem in AE !

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this black screen when I try to import photos or videos and I tried to solve it but unfortunately, I didn't...

I'm just a beginner and it's my third day in AE I hope that I can find help here

A screenshot :

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shimaa taha,

Sorry for your issue!

Try this:
Go to File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects > Use Mercury Software Only.

Let us know if that helps.

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem

nothing works...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey paulw,

Try updating the graphics driver on your computer and see if that works.

-Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this issue general or only with this MP4 file? so if create a solid or shapes are you able to see anything?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a general problem with any file only in ae, if i open any video from previous ae projects on another softwear if works just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode the footage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this issue right now and i cant seem to fix it. pls reply asap

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this issue right now pls reply asap

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi malak.samirrr,

Sorry to hear that. Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Also, are you using any third-party plug-in for After Effects? If so, what happens when you remove them? Does it help?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0