Highlighted

Black transparent gradient from Ilustrator won't show on After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working with this black gradient thing that becomes transparent and dissapears when paired with a colored background like this:

Black gradient

Black gradient that turns transparent when paired with a colored backgroundBlack gradient that turns transparent when paired with a colored background

When paired with a colored background:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 17.13.43.png

But when I tried to import it to After Effects it just becomes black with no transparency, like this:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 17.16.57.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-21 at 17.17.32.png

Is there something that I can do to make it transparent like as it showed on Illustrator?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Performance, Preview, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black transparent gradient from Ilustrator won't show on After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working with this black gradient thing that becomes transparent and dissapears when paired with a colored background like this:

Black gradient

Black gradient that turns transparent when paired with a colored backgroundBlack gradient that turns transparent when paired with a colored background

When paired with a colored background:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 17.13.43.png

But when I tried to import it to After Effects it just becomes black with no transparency, like this:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 17.16.57.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-21 at 17.17.32.png

Is there something that I can do to make it transparent like as it showed on Illustrator?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Performance, Preview, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE cannot re-create all of AI's blending tricks just with a conversion. That's a limitation you have to get used to. They are different programs, after all, and the lkong and short of it that you "over-designed" your artwork in AI and went to far ahead without considering what the implications might be once you move to AE. In your case however it should not be difficult to just duplicate a bunch of layers to use the star shape as a track matte on a black circle or solid. You may need more than one such construct, though. Same for your highlights and so on - duplicate layers and playing with AE's native layer blending modes will get you there.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer MODE SCREEN will work well in this example. Test.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0