Highlighted

Blending option not appearing when I turn text layer into 3d object!

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn text layer into 3d object, blending option will disappear in after effects. I wanted to apply blending mode after aplying 3d effect. Can someone help with this query?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blending option not appearing when I turn text layer into 3d object!

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn text layer into 3d object, blending option will disappear in after effects. I wanted to apply blending mode after aplying 3d effect. Can someone help with this query?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Classic 3D renderer or the Cinema 4D renderer? If it's the Cinema 4D one then Blend Modes are not supported, along with this list, which you can find in the Composition Settings > 3D Renderer tab (the place where you switch to the C4D renderer):

• blending modes
  • track mattes
  • layer styles
  • masks and effects on:
    • continuously rasterized layers
    • text and shape layers
    • collapsed 3D precomposition layers
  • preserve underlying transparency
  • light transmission
  • transparency and index of refraction
  • accepts shadows only
  • motion blur
  • camera depth of field
[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines