Highlighted

Blends not transferring

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I was working on a composition with multiply effects in illustrator and bringing it into AE to animate. Everything was working fine. Now, I'm trying to do the same with another file and none of the blends are transferring over. I tried re-doing the original composition and that one isn't transferring the blends now either. I already tried restarting, rebuilding the entire file, reinstalling after effects, and resetting my preferences to default. Nothing has worked. This is driving me crazy - please help!!! 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blends not transferring

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I was working on a composition with multiply effects in illustrator and bringing it into AE to animate. Everything was working fine. Now, I'm trying to do the same with another file and none of the blends are transferring over. I tried re-doing the original composition and that one isn't transferring the blends now either. I already tried restarting, rebuilding the entire file, reinstalling after effects, and resetting my preferences to default. Nothing has worked. This is driving me crazy - please help!!! 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots tell us nothing about your comp or your workflow. Check both comps for differences. Check both AI files for differences.

Blend modes between layers in AI do not translate into AE if you import as a composition. Blend modes between objects in the same layer or group do come across. It's probably as simple as that.

There could be other differences. Make sure you check all the properties of both files carefully.

If the files are identical, then the comps created from the files should be identical if the comp settings (render mode) is the same. 

One more thing, please embed your screenshots. It's a pain in the neck to look at them when you just upload them or provide a link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines