Highlighted

Block auto-update - now I got error - Couldn't find main entry point for Slant.aex

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Sorry for being frustrated, I just finished 3 months hard fight with malware... Then fixed everything back to normal (latest Windows, drivers, etc.). But after each auto-update (Schedule - worst tool on Win 10!) - Windows made me 2-3 days bringing back everyting to normal! So I blocked (with all tutorials I watched) - all auto-updates I could possibly find, it is really annoying. But now - Adobe updates and after that - my work on animated cartoon CAN'T load! I got some problems as seen in this screenshot:

ERROR.jpg

Just a month old project works (I keep saving manually (!) backup files, but I spent over a months of work - now I can load old version (made in older AE) and not on forced auto-updated one?

My system is- Gigabyte X99 UD4 v1.1 motherboard, 32 gb ram, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen. Audio Card, Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Turbo Dual Ball, latest Win 10 2004 and all latest drivers (have big problems with drivers for Gigabyte motherboard - there is no working App Center (that is "outdated" if started from installation CD) and lots of annoying problems that distracts me from creative work for a very long time 😞

Please help. What to do to fix this error? Few days ago I think I disabled "errors displaying" somewhere but again - interface changed a bit and now I can not see that option that made my AfterEffects project work... Then windows updated and gfx card drivers updated... without any control... And problems continues...

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Expressions, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Block auto-update - now I got error - Couldn't find main entry point for Slant.aex

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Sorry for being frustrated, I just finished 3 months hard fight with malware... Then fixed everything back to normal (latest Windows, drivers, etc.). But after each auto-update (Schedule - worst tool on Win 10!) - Windows made me 2-3 days bringing back everyting to normal! So I blocked (with all tutorials I watched) - all auto-updates I could possibly find, it is really annoying. But now - Adobe updates and after that - my work on animated cartoon CAN'T load! I got some problems as seen in this screenshot:

ERROR.jpg

Just a month old project works (I keep saving manually (!) backup files, but I spent over a months of work - now I can load old version (made in older AE) and not on forced auto-updated one?

My system is- Gigabyte X99 UD4 v1.1 motherboard, 32 gb ram, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen. Audio Card, Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Turbo Dual Ball, latest Win 10 2004 and all latest drivers (have big problems with drivers for Gigabyte motherboard - there is no working App Center (that is "outdated" if started from installation CD) and lots of annoying problems that distracts me from creative work for a very long time 😞

Please help. What to do to fix this error? Few days ago I think I disabled "errors displaying" somewhere but again - interface changed a bit and now I can not see that option that made my AfterEffects project work... Then windows updated and gfx card drivers updated... without any control... And problems continues...

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Expressions, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Guide ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert back to the previous AE version and never ever update AE during a project.

Switch off auto-update for Adobe apps, just as you did for windows.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I sent this message here, Adobe updated AGAIN from 2 days ago version 2020 to new 2021!!! All setting are reaet again and now I have new AfterEffects problem - to update all effects from directory 2020 to 2021! Insane!!! And I pay monthly for this horror!!! Extremely dissappointed!

i must downgrade ALL to 2019. versions as then everythibg works! Now nothing works 😱😱😱

How to downgrade as there is only previous version (version from yesterday available?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0