• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blur in After Effect's motion graphics template doesn't show without background?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a .mogrt file that uses a fast blur to make the text more visible (see image below). But, without putting a background image behind the template, the blur doesn't work. 

With background:

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 4.30.13 PM.png

Without background:

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 4.33.40 PM.png

Of course, the image needs to be removed before exporting the mogrt. But when I do that, the template loses its blur. Any ideas on how I can export the template and keep the blur without a background?

Thank you for any guidance you may provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are expecting the impossible, i.e. an AE layer to do actual processing on your would-be premiere tracks. That functionality simply doesn't exist. You still have to create the blur natively in Premiere and mask it out or in the opposite direction do everything in AE natively. MOGRTs are really just that - a pixel container that uses the AE renderer and otherwise behaves like any other image/ clip in Premiere. A blurred JPEG doesn't blur underlying tracks, either, doesn't it? You have wrong expectations in the workflow and need to wrap your head around this basic concept and adapt.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes sense—thanks for the insight, Mylenium. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines