Highlighted

Brush tool only making dots

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do a scribble effect for a music video I am working on but When I try to use the brush tool in After effects to create strokes, lines, etc., the brush only makes a dot and doesn't follow through with my mouse. Any way to fix this? I think i might be doing something wrong but nobody else seems to have this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush tool only making dots

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do a scribble effect for a music video I am working on but When I try to use the brush tool in After effects to create strokes, lines, etc., the brush only makes a dot and doesn't follow through with my mouse. Any way to fix this? I think i might be doing something wrong but nobody else seems to have this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your settings. Check the help files. Paint is not necessarily intuitive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue with all my project files now (I believer right after the recent update). I cannot make proper strokes with any brush tool (eraser, brush, rotobrush, etc) & it only makes 1 dot.

I have been unable to find any answers or fixes yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people who updated to AE 15.1.0 -- the newest -- reported the same problem.  Apparently the update broke some functionality.

If you have neither the time, the inclination nor the tech know-how to fix it yourself, you can always revert to 15.0.1 and wait for the bug fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS??? Paint is working just fine OSX 10.13.1 on both my Mac's. I checked every mode. Can't break it. Please file a bug it is really a bug for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  By all means you should fulfill your unwitting membership in the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when will it be fixed. I'm having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe follows true to form, in about 3-4 months.  If you're not that patient, revert to the previous update!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the trial version of After Effects Pro. If I buy into the subscription, will I be able to download a previous version of after effects or will I be stuck with this updated version leaving me with the same issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have access to everything Adobe's got from CS6 on. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man you really helped out

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I was having this same problem; I reverted to the most recent earlier version (15.1 rather than 15.0.1) and the problem was resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so how do I revert back to a previous version. I have access to CC but I only see one option for download

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back and problem is solved thanks everyone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the exact same issue! OP how did you revert your version back? Are you still in trial mode?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I subscribed and it gave me the option to download previous versions. It seems that's the only way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines