Highlighted

BSOD when importing video

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open After Effects and open any video, my screen goes blank and the BSOD's with the error "video_tdr_failure". I don't think it's a hardware problem because I can play video games and watch videos perfectly fine.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

BSOD when importing video

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open After Effects and open any video, my screen goes blank and the BSOD's with the error "video_tdr_failure". I don't think it's a hardware problem because I can play video games and watch videos perfectly fine.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cadeng,

Sorry for your issue.

GPU or its driver is one of the reasons for such issues. Which GPU do you have installed on your computer? As Peru Bob suggested, try to roll back or update the GPU driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0