Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button flags to call UserChangedParam but no Render

Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the headers,

PF_ParamFlag_SUPERVISE = 1 << 6, /* call me with PF_Cmd_USER_CHANGED_PARAM (new in AE 4.0) */

However, I found that clicking a button (setup as PF_Param_BUTTON) triggers a render. Is there a flag that tells AE to call only UserChangedParam and not Render ?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

PF_PUI_STD_CONTROL_ONLY will do the trick. there are a couple of tag along behaviors...
1. any change in any way to the param's value will ont trigger a render.

2. the param will not be keyframable.

3. if i remember correctly, the value param doesn't store with the project, and when re-loaded is reset to it's default value.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PF_PUI_STD_CONTROL_ONLY will do the trick. there are a couple of tag along behaviors...
1. any change in any way to the param's value will ont trigger a render.

2. the param will not be keyframable.

3. if i remember correctly, the value param doesn't store with the project, and when re-loaded is reset to it's default value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks shachar, on a slightly related note, are these any issues starting a process from UserChangedParam as I want to have a separate UI run in the background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no issue.

UserChangedParam is actually the preferred call during which such things should be done, as it's user triggered, rare, and called on the UI thread as opposed to the render thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines