Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C4D + AE 360 video

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks. 

Im creating a short 360 video with elements from both C4D and After Effects to be exported to Unity as a 360 video.

Im creating the 3D parts in C4D and rendering it out with the Spherical Camera - so far so good.

Inside AE Im using Particular amongst other things to create the other elements and I'd like to cut between them both in the same spherical 360 environment. 

Im having trouble getting Particular to play the game though. It seems that no matter what I do, the position of Particular in the VR Render Comp is a million miles away. Moving Particular in Z space in the original comp makes no difference and moving the camera in the VR comp doesn't work either.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Any pointers would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers.

AE 16 Windows 10 with 2 x 1080Tis, 64GB RAM, 10 Core intel i7, etc. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are saying. What do you even mean by "Moving particular in Z space?" The emitter or the layer? You need to be more precise and explain what you're actually doing. That said, Particular isn't specifically tailored to support VR to begin with, so issues are to be expected and will require workarounds.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium,

Thanks for your reply.

I suppose Im just asking for general advice on mixing 360 spherical footage from C4D and AE VR with plugins (and whether it's actually possible). I should have been more explicit with my question.

I've been managing to get it working, sort of. It seems that I need to be completely happy with the Comp that has particular in it before I do the VR Comp Editor stuff. It doesn't seem to want to update when I tweak things afterwards. Maybe it just needs a restart or something.

I've not found anything regarding Trapcode plugins and VR so you're right I will just have to fudge it until it works.

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has done this before.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines