Highlighted

c4d files keep needing to be redownloaded for After Effects Comps

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

I'm using a .c4d rendering in different camera angles in After Effects and then editing in Premiere Pro. 

But I'm constantly having to redownload the .c4d files back into after Effects and when i got to export the project from Premiere it takes so long that the file is lost by the time the rendering happens!

Help! How can I keep from having to CONSTANTLY download these .c4d files?

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

c4d files keep needing to be redownloaded for After Effects Comps

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

I'm using a .c4d rendering in different camera angles in After Effects and then editing in Premiere Pro. 

But I'm constantly having to redownload the .c4d files back into after Effects and when i got to export the project from Premiere it takes so long that the file is lost by the time the rendering happens!

Help! How can I keep from having to CONSTANTLY download these .c4d files?

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the AE forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and other technical details this isn't really going anyhwere. That aside it's perhaps simply not the most intelligent workflow, to be honest. You are creating a matroshka of an memory hungry program (AE) already running inside another program (Premiere) by ways of another memory consuming process (DynamicLink) and then throw yet another such abomination on top of it with Cineware. I'd be glad if anything works at all and the slow rendering is realyl not much of a surprise. You are gobbling up all the resources of your system due to the overhead and it has barely left any abreathing room to do the actual C4D rendering. At least to me it seems inevitable that at some point one of the processes simply times out or runs out of memory. So by all means consider rendering all that C4D stuff separately or at least limit yourself to rendering directly in AE, then importing rendered clips into Premiere to eliminate all that DynamicLink stuff.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0