Highlighted

C4d issues rendering transparency in AE

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having a weird problem in After Effects /C4d lite. wondering if anybody has any insight or help troubleshooting this.

In c4d lite I made these transparent walls. You can faintly see it in the first image. The second image is where I brought the C4D lite into a composition in AE and it looks normal at first but then as I render a green color comes up instead of transparency and I’m not sure why.

It first happened when I upgraded after effects. Then I tried to downgrade after effects and delete the preferences and it still happened. Then I uninstalled everything deleted all the preferences for all three things cinema 4d lite, AE, and Premier Pro and reinstalled older versions—and it’s still happening. then I uninstalled everything deleted preferences and upgraded the the newest versions again and it wasn’t happening at first until I render and it always eventually happens again. (This is a layer of a larger comp.)09A9D2FA-783F-4526-B103-5E73AAD18EFF (1).jpegB7C9E7F0-DB44-485A-9C55-FEF7520B0098 (2).jpeg

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

C4d issues rendering transparency in AE

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having a weird problem in After Effects /C4d lite. wondering if anybody has any insight or help troubleshooting this.

In c4d lite I made these transparent walls. You can faintly see it in the first image. The second image is where I brought the C4D lite into a composition in AE and it looks normal at first but then as I render a green color comes up instead of transparency and I’m not sure why.

It first happened when I upgraded after effects. Then I tried to downgrade after effects and delete the preferences and it still happened. Then I uninstalled everything deleted all the preferences for all three things cinema 4d lite, AE, and Premier Pro and reinstalled older versions—and it’s still happening. then I uninstalled everything deleted preferences and upgraded the the newest versions again and it wasn’t happening at first until I render and it always eventually happens again. (This is a layer of a larger comp.)09A9D2FA-783F-4526-B103-5E73AAD18EFF (1).jpegB7C9E7F0-DB44-485A-9C55-FEF7520B0098 (2).jpeg

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on the axctual render settings, materials and so on nobody can really tell you much. Show us a screenshot of your object editor in C4D, the relevant materials and also the Cineware render settings.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 11.31.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-10 at 11.29.13 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jd pdx LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only been self learning c4d lite since spring so I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are asking for. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines